19 to 30 August
A two-week faculty development program (FDP) on Quantum Science and Technology (QST) was organized by Department of Science and Technology (DST), Rajasthan Council of Science and Technology, Department of Science and Technology, Government of Rajasthan in collaboration with Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur (IITJ). The aim of this program is to develop awareness, in the field of quantum science, among the academia. This course is being coordinated by Prof. Subhashish Banerjee under the guidance of Prof. Santanu Chaudhury, Director, IIT Jodhpur. The DST team comprises of Dr. Manu Sikarwar, Project Director, DST-Govt. of Rajasthan and the PI of this program is Ms. Rekha Meena, CAO, DST-Govt. of Rajasthan. The program is being attended by around forty faculty members from various educational institutions in Rajasthan.
The course instructors were:
1. Professors Kiran Hiremath, IIT Jodhpur
2. Atul Kumar, IIT Jodhpur
3. V. Narayanan , IIT Jodhpur
4. Subhashish Banerjee , IIT Jodhpur
5. Anirban Pathak, Jaypee Institute of Information and Technology, Noida
6. Prasanta Panigraghi, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research -Kolkata
7. Sibasish Ghosh, Indian Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Chennai
8. R. Srikant, Poornaprajna Institute of Scientific Research (PPISR), Bangalore.
The event was inaugurated on August 19, 2019 in the presence of Sri. Rajeev Jain, Project Director & Deputy Secretary, DST-Govt. of Rajasthan, Ms. Rachana Purohit, Project Officer, DST-Govt. of Rajasthan, and Professors S. R. Vadera, Bhagwati P. Kashyap, Subhashish Banerjee from IIT Jodhpur.